Monday, October 11, 2010

A Very Special Guest Blogger Today...

Hello Linda's Readers!

My name is Darby Christopher, and thanks to the magic of the internet, I have flown in pixellated form to land here in Linda's lap for the day.  This lets me get between her nose and the grindstone, and give her a break for the day. While she's got her feet up, I'll step in to celebrate the launch of my new book FACING FIRE -- and to declare war.  

Okay -- it's not technically my war, and not Linda's either. But in 1812, the country that would one day produce the erudite and amazing Linda Grimes was at war with my country, Canada. Like today, it was a time when ties between our countries were tight and families who lived on either side of the border were torn to pieces by the conflict. And if you're into travelling through time -- especially via the pages of a book -- you can share the story with me.

FACING FIRE picks up the story of what happened to me after the magical summer that began in A WALK THROUGH A WINDOW.  Now, I may be too young to sip martinis with Linda, but I have somehow managed to have acquired a talent for slip-sliding-through-time…

So if you didn't know that we Canucks once picked up arms and aimed them across the border at our American bretheren, you may want to pick up a copy of my new book. You can find out more about it – and the author – at  www.kcdyer.com

Or better still, would you like to win a copy as a prize? If you leave comment on this post, Linda will put your name into a draw to win a free copy of the new book – FACING FIRE. And if you actually link to this post somewhere else [like in another blog, or facebook post or even a tweet] we’ll put your name in for the draw for BOTH of my books. Go for it!

And now we return Linda's nose to the previously described grindstone...

Thanks for having me, Linda!


~Darby

From Linda: Thanks for stopping by and giving me a blog break, Darby! Since I'm such an understanding and forgiving sort, I won't hold that whole taking up arms against my country thing against you. But seriously, dude. Aren't Canucks supposed to be nice

To you guys reading this--I first met Darby in A Walk Through A Window. It's a fantastic YA novel, but you absolutely don't have to be a kid to enjoy it. I'm so looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with Darby in Facing Fire. kc is also the author of The Eagle Glen Trilogy (Seeds of Time, Secret of Light, Shades of Red) and Ms Zephyr's Notebook.  She's a  great writer, and a fantastically funny and entertaining person, too.

So, y'all just leave a comment, and you might win a great book. It's not complicated--you'll be entered for the drawing even if you just say Hi. Easy-peasy. :) Not sure when the drawing will be, but I'll let you know.


[Oh, and while you're at it, go here to enter my freakin' caption contest already. Tomorrow's the deadline on that one.]


10 comments:

Kelly Breakey said...

Darby:

It was a pleasure meeting you today and I look forward to reading more about you.

Thanks for giving Linda a break as she works to hard. Maybe when you get older you can bring some Canadian Rye Whisky by and share a couple of Manhattans with her as that truly is her cocktail of choice. Although, I don't know how she feels about Canadian whiskey.

Unknown said...

I'll look for your books! Thanks for posting and giving us the chance to meet you.

TAWNA FENSKE said...

What a fun sounding book! Thanks so much for stopping by. We were getting awfully sick of listening to that Linda Grimes chick all the time :)

Tawna

demery said...

Hello Darby,

Nice to meet you! I'm excited to introduce you and your books to my own YA - 11 year old son. Sounds like we will love them as much as he will.

I shall tweet as well... and go for the GOLD!

Unknown said...

Both books sound super fun :) So, put my name in the mix (I'll also tweet this) Thanks!

Linda G. said...

Thank you all for making Darby feel welcome! I'll get back to you soon with the winner of the drawing. :)

Crystal said...

Hi Darby! Your books sound wonderful.

Somehow, as a Canuck, I completely blew off that part of our history. How did I do that? -embarrassed-

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

Nice to meet you all! Thanks for making me feel so welcome! [And don't worry, Tawna -- I left all the dishes for Linda...]

~Darby

Deniz Bevan said...

Hi Darby! It's fun to see you on all these different pages :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.